Brazilian Immigrant Center Participates in TAKE BACK OUR CITY PROTESTS-Boston
Friday, September 30, 2011
Today the Brazilian Immigrant Center stood with over 50 organizations and 1000 people from around the country to protest against large corporations whose actions continue to shred the middle class. The Brazilian Immigrant Center marched in solidarity with organizations against Hyatt, Verizon and Bank of America.
updated: 3 years ago
- HAPPY INTERNATIONAL DOMESTIC WORKERS DAY!
- The Thinking Big, Moving Forward Fall Breakfast Seminar -- Labor Resource Center, UMass Boston in Partnership with Brazilian Immigrant Center - Friday October 17, 2014 -- 8:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- Domestic Workers: The Invisible Wheels That Power Our Economy
- Governor Deval Patrick Signs Domestic Workers Bill of Rights into Law
- MA Safe Driving Bill H.3285
- Immigration Reform! The Time is Now!!
- You are Invited to the Domestic Workers Photo Exhibition in Hyannis Public Library 10/23/13
- SAVE THE DATE: LEGAL CLINIC FUNDRAISER SEPTEMBER 20th at SAMBA BAR and GRILL!
- June 16, 2013 was International Domestic Workers Day
- MLK Day Reminds US that Social Change doesn't Just Happen!
- Caretakers of New England’s Future: Domestic Workers Photo Project
- Congratulations to BIC Attorney Lydia Edwards on her national award of Distinction
- 0 - 12
- of 40
- next »
- We Support the Safe Driving Bill H. 3285
- BIC 2013 Accomplishments
- Congratulations to BIC Attorney Lydia Edwards for Being Named Community Peacemaker by CDSC!
- Culturally Appropriate Training is Key
- BIC Begins to Receive DACA Approvals
- Massachusetts Domestic Worker Bill of Rights: Now in Development!
- Massachusetts RMV Law House Bill No. 04238 For the Fiscal Year 2013
- Report: Immigrants Lead way in Starting Businesses
- Young Undocumented immigrants to apply for deferred action
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Process from USCI
- Brazilian Immigrant Center on Neighborhood Network News to Discuss "The Manual: A guide for Domestic Workers and Their Employers"'
- BIC gives Workshop in the City of Taunton
- Domestic Worker Action Gets Results!
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Elected to National Domestic Worker Alliance Board of Directors!!!
- May 1st 2012: International Worker's Day!
- A Poem Dedicated to BIC
- BRAZILIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER HELPED COMMUNITY RECOUP OVER $1.9 Million Dollars in STOLEN WAGES SINCE 2009!
- BRAZILIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER PROTESTS AGAINST RACIST ANTI-IMMIGRANT AMENDMENT SB 2061
- Massachusetts FACE • Occupational Fatality Report
- Natalicia Tracy Testifies Against SB 2061 at the State House
- BRAZILIAN IMMIGRANT CENTER AWARDED 2011 BEST NONPROFIT COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Celebrates 2011 Domestic Worker Organizing
- Centro Presente Awards Brazilian Immigrant Center Outstanding Partner in the Fight for Immigrant Rights
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Stands With Fire Bull Workers!
- Domestic Workers National Report, Home Economics: Media Interviews with Natalicia Tracy
- BIC Begins to receive DACA approvals.
- Please Save the Date!!! Come, Enjoy Good Food, Great Music, Have Fun, and Support of our Work!
- Centro Presente 30th Anniversary Dinner
- SAVE THE DATE! MAY 9, 2015 - CELEBRATING 20 YEARS OF FIGHTING FOR SOCIAL, ECONOMIC, & POLITICAL JUSTICE!
- BIC Goes to the State House to Support the Safe Driving Bill
- BIC SUPPORTS THE SAFE DRIVING BILL
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Participates in TAKE BACK OUR CITY PROTESTS-Boston
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Protests Against Anti-Immigrant Bill and Local Sheriffs' Attempts to bring back Secure Communities
- The Brazilian Immigrant Center Stands in Solidarity with the Hyatt Workers
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Demands Immigration Reform
- Upper Crust Again Must Pay Workers for Violations
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Case Against Upper Crust Results in $341,000.00 Fine; DOL Continues to Investigate Violations
- Upper Crust Pizza investigated by the Attorney Generals Office
- Brazilians and Art for Haiti
Domestic Worker Movement
- Massachusetts Coalition for Domestic Worker Annual Dinner
- New York Domestic Workers Convention!
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Celebrates Domestic Worker Law and Policy Clinic and New Alliance with OSHA
- House Votes Yes on DW Bill of Rights!
- National Domestic Worker Sol Training- Weekend!
- Brazilian Immigrant Center Seeks Partners for its new Domestic Worker Organizing Initiative
U.S. Department of Labor
- US Labor Department initiative finds more than $1.3 million in back wages due to 478 underpaid Massachusetts employees
- ENGLISH CLASSES FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE